Monday, October 6, 2008

Trip to New York

I always enjoyed my trips to Maryland to see Seth's family, the closeness and activities we did will always stay close to my heart. Going to New York gives me the opportunity to do that again. There is nothing like having the grand kids beg to have you sleep over night in their room, or being there to listen the voices of the family starting their day and the smell of breakfast. I miss that a lot at home. That is probably the reason I love to have the grand kids sleep overnight. It makes the house seem once more alive with family. To arrive in time for Lincoln's fifth birthday was a treat. We went to Chili's to eat and then the waitress came out with a crew to sing "Happy Birthday" topped it off. I always marvel at how my children have become such good parents. Not that I didn't think they would but how fun it is for me go see them be that way. Maybe that didn't make sense, but being a kid person I always hoped they would be one too. Josh, playing and wrestling with the boys, Tara reading to them and the list can go on and on makes me miss being a mom. Lincoln is so into airplanes that even when he has a free moment he is making paper airplanes and they really fly. Oliver loves "happy bear" a stuffed bear I got him at the zoo and reading the Dino book I brought that pops out. They were so fun to be with. I loved Glenn's Cove, the Sacred Grove, the Zoo, eating at Dinosaur Bar-be-que, the Erie Canel and the beach. There were so many things to do and the weather cooperated with most all of outr activities. I appreciate Tara, she treats me like a mom, (so does Angie) and I love that about my daughter- in - laws, no one knows I am the in-law they are so good to me. I am not the writer in my family, but I wanted to make this blog in appreciation of my wonderful family. Please be patient with my mistakes. Hope to go back to New York soon. Grandma Sherry

3 comments:

Tara said...

We love you, and look forward to your next visit, as well.
Tara

The Heintz Family said...

Love the blog...Love the pictures! Miss ya-
Cort

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Hey, I found your blog from Tara's blog site...This is LuAnn.. Staci's mom...what a great visit you had and beautiful pictures...I love blogging...I have been blogging for a short time, but really enjoy keeping up with everybody...feel free to visit our goofy blog anytime..